We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
These days, it goes without saying that if you’re a vegetarian, you can simply leave out the sausage.
Sweet Potatoes and nuts
- 1 garlic clove finely grated
- 3 tablespoons plus ½ tsp. olive oil
- 2 large or 4 small sweet potatoes, preferably garnet, scrubbed
Sausage and Assembly
- 1 head Treviso radicchio, leaves separated and torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. merguez sausage, casings removed
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper or ¼ crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon Sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup plain sheep’s milk or Greek yogurt
- Pomegranate molasses is available at Middle Eastern markets and some supermarkets or online.
Sweet potatoes and nuts
Preheat oven to 400°. Mix garlic and 3 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl. Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork and rub with half of garlic oil; set remaining garlic oil aside. Season with salt and roast on a rimmed baking sheet, turning once, until flesh is soft and yielding, 45–55 minutes. Remove from oven; reduce heat to 350°.
Toss pecans and remaining ½ tsp. oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt. Toast, tossing once, until slightly darkened and fragrant, 8–10 minutes.
Let sweet potatoes cool slightly, then cut in half lengthwise. Brush cut sides with reserved garlic oil. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium. Cook sweet potatoes, cut side down, pressing lightly with a spatula, until browned and charred in spots, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and reserve skillet.
Sausage and assembly
Place radicchio in a large bowl. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in reserved skillet over medium-high. Cook sausage, breaking up with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in Aleppo pepper. Transfer meat to a plate with a slotted spoon and pour off all but 2 Tbsp. fat from skillet.
Reduce heat to medium. Combine pomegranate molasses, vinegar, and ¼ cup water in skillet, stirring to combine and scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes, then drizzle over radicchio. Add reserved sausage and toss to coat; season with salt.
Mix yogurt and remaining 1 tsp. oil in a small bowl, thinning with a little water to make pourable; season with salt. Divide yogurt among plates and top with sweet potatoes. Arrange sausage mixture over, along with any pan juices. Top with pecans and mint.